Packaging has always been one of the most quintessential aspects in the industrial world. FIBC and woven sack sectors have been on the edge lately and have emerged as key drivers in the market. The demand of jumbo bags for packaging has been increasing exponentially. FIBC and woven sack sector is an active participant in the Indian GDP as well and will soon become an integral contributor.
Faber Infinite Consulting has been an ardent supporter of the FIBC and woven sack sector and has helped various organizations in achieving a sustainable and continual growth with its structured improvement framework and tools.
Faber Infinite’s experience in FIBC and woven sack sector
Team Faber has been working across 3 regions and in more than 8 countries to help our clients tackle the challenges and grow profits. We have been associated with more than half a dozen clients from FIBC and woven sack sector with overall productions over 5000 tons per month and more than 500 looms in the production units. Apart from these, Faber Infinite has also helped in training the organizations’ workforce to get more efficient and optimum production which can be sustained over the period of time. Team Faber has trained more than 10,000 people from FIBC, PP woven bags, Block Bottom/ Adstar bags and has always been successful in delivering exponential results to the clients.
Typical improvement areas
What seems to be the most sophisticated process and control system are more prone to defects that adversely affect the progress. Team Faber Infinite has expertise in digging out these roadblocks and fuel the engines to run faster towards desired goals. In the past several years of supporting companies from FIBC and woven sector, Team Faber has brought improvement in various areas that lacked efficiency. However, some of the key improvement areas are as follows:
- Reduction in wastage of materials
- Huge potential to increase the production output (without capex investments)
- Inventory management
- Reducing changeover times
- Improving machine availability and performance
- Optimizing and increasing the manpower productivity
- Quality Improvement
Tangible benefits delivered
Faber Infinite has worked on various projects and has delivered exceptional results. With its structured framework and detailed understanding of the subjects, Team Faber has supported many organizations in achieving excellence. Some of the tangible benefits delivered by Team Faber at various client sites are as follows:
- An increase of more than 40% in the production with the same resources after Team Faber’s involvement with the projects
- Team Faber Infinite helped in redesigning the layout of the manufacturing units which resulted in 24% increase in free space
- 33% reduction in changeover time was witnessed with Faber Infinite’s involvement
- Faber Infinite also helped the FIBC and woven bags organizations to reduce the material wastage by a whopping 31%.
- Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) i.e. increase in production with the same equipments also saw a rise by 27%.
- Team Faber also helped to cut down costs by reducing the manpower costs by more than 38%.
Faber Infinite strongly believes in evolution and has worked towards evolving for good. We have supported the FIBC and woven bags sector and will continue to do so. We have believed that working smart is the key to achieving the most talked about aspect of 21st-century industrial world – continual and sustainable development.
Written & Compiled by Faber Kishlay & Faber Mayuri