Typical impacts of the 14 step process of Lean facility or layout design are as mentioned below:
- Reduced floor space/storage space requirement
- Creation of FLOW & PULL in order to reduce inventory and manpower allocation
- Reduced capital investments (in certain areas), all of which will offer better productivity, reduced throughput time, lower waste etc.
- Lean Facility Layout design: better material & information flow
- Right sized logistics equipment planning
Case studies are available on request. Feel free to write to us for more details.
This proven Lean Facility Design framework has been applied to Pharmaceuticals / Chemicals manufacturing project management (Concept to Commissioning). For more details please click HERE.