New FMEA is the new standard combining the best practices from AIAG USA and VDA, Germany for Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
The FMEA is a tool used widely for continual improvement and proactive addressing of potential failures. The New FMEA is a guide to the Design FMEA, Process FMEA, and Supplemental FMEA for Monitoring and System Response. Developed with a global team of OEM’s and Tier 1/2/3 Subject Matter Experts (SME’s), it incorporates best practices from both AIAG and VDA methodologies into a balanced and co-ordinated, new 7 step approach:
- Step 1- Planning & Preparation
- Step 2-Structure Analysis
- Step 3-Function Analysis
- Step 4-Failure Analysis
- Step 5-Risk Analysis
- Step 6-Optimisation
- Step 7-Result Documentation
To equip the client teams with practical knowledge and skills that one needs to put controls in place to avoid the impact of risks, Team Faber Infinite has devised an exclusive customized Workshop on New FMEA (as per AIAG and VDA).
Recently, we conducted a workshop on New FMEA at one of the largest camshaft manufacturers in the world. The objectives and key elements of the workshop were as follow:
- To learn the seven-step methodology of AIAG – VDA FMEA manual
- To learn new concepts of Structure Analysis, Function Analysis, Failure Chain, etc
- To align the current practice with Global FMEA practice
- To learn the relationship between PFMEA and DFMEA
- To understand Action Priority Concept as only RPN criteria is no longer effective.
- To learn process optimization step to reduce risk
- To take up pilot projects on New FMEA
We have delivered resourceful workshops on the approach of PFMEA at several client sites as well. Team Faber Infinite is a global business management consulting organization supporting clients from the manufacturing industry to improve their processes and practices by implementing an operational excellence framework. Process improvement is one of the most important aspects to improve manufacturing practices to avoid any kind of return of the orders or defects in the orders or complaints from the consumer. This shall not only support the organization to save on cost and improve manpower productivity, but also improve their product quality and end-user experience. Implement the New FMEA with our expert team. Call us today to book a power-packed workshop for your organization!
Written & Compiled by Faber Mayuri & Faber Priyal