The agricultural sector is one of the most basic and fundamental sector which has been making considerable contributions to any country’s GDP. Farms and agricultural lands are now recognized as one of the most opportune and potential business sectors. They are not just a primitive source of income but now have caught the attraction of many industrialists for investments with quintessential opportunities of garnering profits.
Faber Infinite with expertise in Operational Excellence Practices has been working with leading commercial farms across 8 countries with an objective to build competitiveness and higher returns on investment (ROI) based on the principles of Operational Excellence and Continual Improvement. We have been working with leaders in the industry with an objective to build a transformation culture.
Faber Infinite’s Farm Transformation toolkit specially developed for farms helps them to increase the production, manpower productivity, reduce rejects and other wastes. Exceptional results have been delivered across various farms ranging from flower, tea, wheat, soya, vegetables, etc.
Our experience in Agricultural and Farming sector
Faber Infinite has always focused on delivering results and is known for the same among the clients. We have a cumulative experience of more than 200 years in this domain where we have provided our services and delivered results in more than 8 countries across 3 different regions. We cater to the needs of dozens of clients in commercial farming. Moreover, we also have experience in training the manpower to keep them abridge of the latest trends and have trained more than 10,000 people from this domain.
Typical Improvement Areas
It is very important to identify areas that need improvement in order to reach the root cause of any challenge and then work on it to improve the system. Some of the key areas of improvement are as follows:
- Reduction in rejection of flowers
- Productivity improvement of land
- Quality improvement
- Inventory management
- Flow improvement in pack house to improve ‘On Time in Full’ supplies to customers.
- Increase in labor productivity
- Reduction in customer complaints
- Improvement in transport operations of flowers
- Reduction in energy and fuel cost
- Cold chain Improvement Projects
- Physical Workplace improvement
- Lead Time Reduction
- Daily Work Management to sustain improvement
Results Delivered Again…
Any transformation journey or implementation of modules is evaluated by the results it delivers. We are proud that our highly effective implementation journey has delivered phenomenal results over and over again with time. Some of the benefits achieved are mentioned below:
- We helped farms in generating potential additional revenue by ~11 MN KSh / Annum
- An improvement in flower production by more than 25% was witnessed as a result of Team Faber’s efforts
- Farms achieved ~83% improvement in Value Adding Ratio (VAR) in the post-harvest process (cutting to packing)
- Farms also saw a 45% reduction in Lead Time for pack house after the involvement of Team Faber
- At the same time, a 21% reduction in inventory for pack house was also achieved
- More importantly, farms were able to increase their harvest productivity by more than 39% and packhouse productivity by 47%
- Field rejection reduced by 68%
- Packhouse rejection reduced by 71%
- Customers felt more satisfied and a drop of more than 70% was seen in customer complaints
- The implementation also helped farms in reducing costs by reducing inventory carrying cost by more than 53%
- 18% reduction in the number of touch points and 49% reduction in was achieved in distance traveled in Pack House
- Faber Infinite also helped its clients in saving ~9 MN KSh / Annum
- Water saving in Pack House was also increased to approximately 93,600 litres on an annual basis
- Reduction in dead plants in Green House by 60%
- Increase in customer satisfaction index from 50% to 85%
Faber Infinite Creative Solutions believes in creating a more holistic and opportune farming sector by increasing the conditions of this sector. We believe that creating a sustainable structure for every industry is important and we thrive to build one for this sector as well. We very firmly support the companies of farming sector and very avidly push our efforts in the forward direction to help the industry grow as well as create a paradigm of overall development for those involved too.
Written & Compiled By Faber Kishlay & Faber Mayuri