With organizations coming back on track, the competition in the market is seen like never before. Companies are finding new and faster ways to win the touchline by equipping with the latest technology and tools to enhance their processes and systems of work.
Value stream mapping is a widely used tool to determine the prevailing process within an organisation. Value stream mapping (VSM) is being used to map information and materials through a manufacturing process. Lean practitioners have been utilizing Value Stream Mapping to visualize and measure the efficiency of their systems.
Advantages of Value Stream Mapping
- The primary goal of creating a value stream map is to demonstrate where you can strengthen your process by visualizing both value-adding and non-value-adding steps.
- You can recognize unwanted activities with the help of VSM.
- VSM provides a clear picture of the work process, including the formation of value-adding and non-value-adding stages. It’s also a good idea to visualize how long it would take for operations to go through them.
- VSM emphasizes current workflow while focusing on future improvements.
Faber Infinite Consulting utilizes Value Stream Mapping (VSM) as part of an overall process for mapping, analyzing, and developing value streams to reduce and eliminate waste. Digitization and Industry 4.0 present new and exciting opportunities for integrating information flows, reducing lead times, and increasing flexibility and efficiency in complex situations.
Value Stream Mapping as an effective tool has helped us provide tangible results to our clients. Team Faber Infinite has been delivering remarkable results at several organizations – right from leading lighting solutions company to the largest engineering company to the leading supplier of Indian Railways and many more!
Here are some exclusive benefits we delivered for the clients:
- Improvement in production / throughput by 23%
- Reduction in production throughput time by 36%
- Reduction in inventory by 39%
- Improvement in productivity by 30%
- Improvement in component availability by 16%
- Reduction in distance travelled by 31%
- Reduction in change over time of the machine by 30%
- Reduction in cycle time by 40%
- Improvement in the value-added ratio by 100%
We are extremely glad to share glimpses of our assistance for one of our clients from automotive industry to map current state for two lines & prepared a project plan for line layout with them to improve machine & human efficiency. Similarly, using Value Stream Mapping tool for a client from machine building industry, Team Faber has delivered productivity improvement by 16% and reduced inefficiencies in the workflow.
Thus, the value stream maps depict all of the critical steps in your work process that are designed to achieve value from beginning to end. It helps to visualize every work that your members work on and provides status reports on the progress of each assignment at a glance.
Thus, we must always focus on optimizing the value creation actions and strive to gain significant benefits by minimizing waste in our flow. Thus, Value Stream Mapping can be the first step for Industry 4.0 & Industrial IoT (IIOT), a powerful framework for efficient and enhanced operations. Contact email@example.com for more details.
Ready to streamline your operations and achieve peak efficiency? Fill out the form below to gain valuable insights on improving process flow with the power of Value Stream Mapping. Take the first step towards optimizing your workflow and driving remarkable results!
Written & Compiled by Faber Mayuri Pandya & Faber Aleena